Monday, June 1, 2015

June is Bustin' Out All Over!

It's June! Hooray...Another month filled with possibilities.

I remember we were taught this song in school but due to intellectual property concerns, I cannot share the video on my blog, but you can youtube it if you like! Such a quirky little happy  song.

I've been delinquent with my blogging efforts and I've been postponing it for several reasons. Reason #1 because of time and sheer exhaustion (publishing a book is NOT easy!). 

The second reason is because I thought I was overkilling my readers with the frequency of my posts and they either delete or yelp each time they see my name in their inbox or worse read half way through, then get distracted! Imagine my joy when people email me and tell me they love reading my posts! I even got a text yesterday asking why they haven't been seeing my inspirational blogs! This is a little slice of happiness right there :-)

And thirdly MY BOOK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED! Whoopi:) I can do cartwheels :))) Yes as of last week Wednesday 27th May, 2015, I am now the proud author of 2 books. I feel like a chapter has ended and a new one is only beginning and I can't wait to see where it leads. I looked at the digital copy, turned the virtual pages and almost cried tears of delight! At present I am awaiting my sample/proof copy before I order copies and have them shipped.

So here I am to spread my joy and tell you more about my book. June is also the month of my book launch which I am in the midst of planning and actually started since February, but somehow got pushed under everything else going on :( 

Speakers have been arranged, guest list done and I am in the process of sorting out other details including PR stuff as well as preparing for a couple speaking engagements. This month and the ones that follow is also a time to catch up with friends who I haven't seen in a while and I am looking forward to that very much as they have really proven to be solid friendships that have stood the test of time.

photo credit - C.K. Correia 2013.
All rights reserved
One of the things I talk about in my book is family and friendships, especially my parents. In Chapter 4: Do You Know How Lucky You Are, I speak about all the things my parents did for me especially when I was employed in Trinidad and when I was a student at university. 

As I  read those words I wrote all those years ago when my dad was alive, I never could have imagined that he would not be here with me today to celebrate this moment and other moments to come. He went over and beyond the call of duty as a parent and so did my mum. I would never forget it for as long as I live. I was even teased at work for how good I had it. The epilogue is also a tribute to him as what I shared is an extension of his eulogy which I delivered.

photo credit - C.K. Correia 2013. 
All rights reserved
I really believe this book can bring closure to my family especially my mother or anyone who has loved and lost loved ones. 

Each time I read it, it takes me to a different time and place, as I remember the good times which elicits a catharsis. A whole range of emotions takes over: joy, sadness, forgiveness, gratitude and acceptance.

I also mention all the things I was grateful for like my former jobs, my bosses, my talents, my relentless drive and my friends who have helped me through some of the toughest times in my life especially when I moved back home from Tobago. I am forever grateful to you...all of you...you know who you are...even the ones who are not physically in the same country/island.

Here endeth my blog for tonight...(I did it in 30 minutes or less, despite my fatigue!)

Until next episode, Happy June. Make it Count!

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment