Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I Won't Trade it for Anything in the World

2 blogs in 3 days...I guess I'm on a roll...but I must write when the inspiration comes...my IT friends once told me (many moons ago) that I need to create every day as it's good for 'traffic' among other things...back then I did not know much about this or had the time to follow through, but now I can write to my heart's content...or at least until I get Über busy...

So this week I resumed a project that I had to shelf a year ago because of my move to the sister isle...I'm excited...it's a lot of work but I plan to put my all into this so that it shows and it's a masterpiece when I'm done...I met with the producer today and I'm confident that he will deliver and work with me to achieve the best results. For a minute I was considering forgetting about the whole thing but my sister convinced me otherwise...this is a lifetime investment that can endure for many generations long after I'm gone...you can say it's my legacy...it's even better than a book in a way...More on this when the project gets underway...Too much suspense? I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

The last few days involved a lot of online research and follow up phone calls. The good news is that I narrowed down my list of potential publishers to 2 or 3. I just have to verify the authenticity, the necessary requirements and decide which is best for me...then it's time for (book) proposal writing. I've become quite good at this actually...I even surprised myself. I had a lot of practice last year at my last job in Marketing and almost a decade working in HR also helped a bit but business proposals are a completely different kettle of fish that seem to come naturally....all of the recipients thus far were all impressed with the contents. I just have to wait and see if it's enough to reap a good "catch!"

Follow up phone calls locally with regard to other agendas proved quite frustrating and a bit perturbing in some cases. As time goes by, being back home I realized that there's a nationwide need for improved customer service for even people who should know better...and if I was so inclined I would probably offer this service as well! It's truly disheartening, flabbergasting and discombobulating all at the same time. However when you do receive a warm smile and good service it's the most wonderful feeling...you feel like you can do cartwheels or rescue a cat from a tree. Imagine how you feel if the reverse is true. Maybe I'm too emotional a person and this is not a true representation of the general situation but it's just how I feel...please weigh in if you have an opinion...

All in all...I love my country and I won't trade living here for anything in the world...we just have some things to work on as with all countries and cultures. While some are homesick, I get to have the best of both worlds...I get to travel whenever I want and soak up all this sea, sun and sand (and food ---interesting enough this evening I tried for the first time a curry crab pastry treat!) the rest of the time...it's truly a delight. I'm counting down the days to my next trip to the sister isle (I still haven't yet gotten over my 'paradise tabanca'...Tobago is calling my name! -- see earlier blog posts). I can't wait to explore more of the Caribbean.

In the meantime and in between time...I have lots to keep me busy. Spending time and catching up with my family especially my dad (those of you who know me personally know why)...it has been indescribably wonderful though sad at times....the reality is now hitting me. There are rainy days but I learn so much about myself in the processwhat I'm capable of and my purpose for coming back home. Every time he smiles or laughs at one of my jokes I feel happy enough to burst. I regret that I can't spend even more time with him as despite being home I'm also working most of the time. I do compensate for this and make up for the time I'm away. We pray together and last night we watched the entire episode of The Voice which was absolutely priceless. 

I am also thankful for my friends and our many deep conversations and fun times that add light and laughter to my days and enrich my soul with positivity and love and vice versa (I hope!). Of course I am grateful for life, health, the ability to exercise, socialize and of course rest and rejuvenate when I need it! What more can one ask for?! I do what I have to do and use my time wisely and I know God will provide for me exactly what I need precisely when I need it as He has always done...He hasn't let me down so far and I can't wait for what's in store...

God is love....

It's Holy Week for Christians everywhere...whatever your denomination let's all try to give a little, spread a little hope, forgive A LOT and share a little love with someone in need, even if it's just a smile...it will all come back to you tenfold...


Peace & Love

photo credit ©  C.K.Correia - Blue Waters Inn - Speyside, Tobago   #BlissfulTimes  #Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment