Saturday, May 5, 2012

¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

photo credit - celebration.com
Hola,

Just a note to say a Happy cinco de Mayo for all those who are celebrating the Battle of Puebla today! It's an important date in Mexican history as Mexico won a valiant victory in 1862 over the French whose army was much bigger and stronger.


You can learn more here ---> http://latinamericanhistory.about.com/od/thehistoryofmexico/p/10cincodemayobasics.htm
photo credit - familyfeatures.com


For cinco de Mayo recipes check out this link --> http://pinterest.com/wholeliving/healthy-cinco-de-mayo-recipes/

Isn't the world a diverse and culturally rich melting pot?! We all stand to benefit from each other globally by a unique blend and wealth of culture, history, food, music, dance, languages and more.

Why not try something new today~!

ps great news! I aced the first level of my Spanish course ---- 19 out of 20 in my Oral Exam! And 18 out of 20 Total in projects, written assignments and quizzes! That's 90%!! So starting next week I'm moving onto Basico dos - Basic 2 Spanish!! YAY for me:) Feels great! I'm on my way to becoming bilingual. ¿Habla Español? Drop me a line!

Have a great weekend folks! Want to say a special thanks for all the support of my blog. A special hello to all my visitors in the US, Russia and Germany! Greetings and salutations. Please visit often, post your ratings & comments and tell me what's happening in your part of the globe and how you can relate to my posts and of course share with your friends!

Ciao

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment