Sunday, October 23, 2011

Have you found your gift?

Now I've really been "sticking" with my posts of late, as we say in this country. It's just that being back out to work is taking a toll on me already! Thank God for the weekend. After this week, I really do believe in second chances, but we'll save that for another time. 

Some good news about my book - the formatting of the interior and cover design are completed so I am just awaiting the sample copy. When I'm finished vetting it ...it goes to distribution! YAY! I order copies and I believe 8 weeks after, it will be available online on Amazon. I could hardly wait. Then I have to organize my book launch. I'm thinking of having 2 launches. The first one will be done at the library as opposed to the bookshop as I orginally planned. And the second will be a small intimate gathering with family and friends. Of course there's lots to do. I have to find a venue, organize catering and decorating. And of course I have to budget first and foremost. Hoping I can do it all.

I was planning this very deep post last night, about our different belief systems after attending church last night and reading a book I bought recently...but I decided against it. I realized that I have to accept that everyone will ultimately have their own belief and who I am to judge - "to each his own." I know that I believe in God and He is responsible for everything that happens in my life. I don't think that I can do any of this without Him and for that I am eternally grateful for breath, for life, talents and the people in it. Like a friend of mine told me today, sometimes it takes a life-changing moment to bring you to YOUR Moment of Truth. And for you to believe that without God you are nothing. I will never change my belief and will never succomb to any other influence because I have come to know Him on a personal level and he has worked miracles in my life. Needless to say, I believe that I have been called to fulfill a deeper purpose which is to influence lives through my writing which is inspired from God. I am not saying that I am perfect, but I believe I have a gift that comes naturally and effortlessly which I feel motivated to share with as many people as possible. And I do it not to gain anything but simply because I feel I have a duty that I honestly enjoy above everything else.

This I say to you, we are all blessed with a natural talent/gift and if you have found it, give of it freely because it's rewards are abundant and priceless. Wishing everyone a great week ahead and an opportunity to right all the wrongs. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment