Friday, January 7, 2011

A Look to the Future


photo credit - ucdavismagazine.ucdavis.edu
Well the holidays are behind us and I am a little sad to take down the Christmas lights, tree and decorations this weekend. Even sadder that my vacation is over and I had to go back out to work today! (Not to mention having to explain to everyone why I came back out to work on a Friday!). Driving home tonight there were little or no lights left, the 6th day of January being officially the last day for lighting up. This dates back to Christian tradition, where it is supposed to be taken down 12 days after Christmas or the day after the Epiphany. Last night I sat outside on the porch and then in front of the Christmas tree for the last time, soaking up the last of the lights and the festive season. I know you’re probably saying what a drama queen… but I just love Christmas! And I’m sad to see it go already…it’s as though it just went by in a rush. Wherever did the time go???!!! I can still remember Christmas Eve as though it was yesterday! But apart from the lights, I will especially miss the music and the food! Yumm….no more fruit cake and ponche de crème! Ahhh. There are still some pastelles in the refrigerator though, which I shall be selfish with and use sparingly. As far as the music goes, now I have to listen to the onslaught of bacchanalia on the airwaves as we approach party central as the momentum of the Carnival season is building and soon to be in full swing. Although I do like some songs, I am not a big fan of Carnival, which is unheard of in these parts with the exception of a few. But what can I say? If you can’t beat them join them right?! Lol. To each his own.

On another note, I look towards this year with a feeling of hope and anticipation. Although I look with favour on the latter part of the year, I can’t wait for each month to unravel…but I resolve to savour each and every moment and make it count. Take it slowly and enjoy to the max! I have many aspirations that I would like to see fulfilled, one of which includes the publication of my first book, which is simply a collection of short articles and the continuation of another book which was put on hold for a number of reasons. With faith and persistence I will…I must reach my goals!


What are your dreams for this year? I hope you are putting the balls into motion, for now is the time to grasp it with both hands and don’t let it slip away, for time waits on no man. You may not get another chance, depending on what your desire is. If it requires planning and thought, you need to set timelines for achievement, so you know exactly where you would like to go and how to get there. Don’t let anyone steal your joy and passion or tell you, you can’t. Forget the haters, pessimists, and naysayers…anything you desire can be yours in time. Believe it, and it will be yours. ©


I will leave you with this quotation from the good book: The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” [Ecclesiastes 9:11].


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment