Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Love Me or Leave Me

Welcome to my new and returning visitors. I am elated to get new "hits" again from Switzerland, France and Russia. I LOVE to receive comments from my new and old friends from the UK, Trinidad & Tobago, USA and Jamaica. I just love me some google analytics :) 

Whether it's facebook, google, blogger, twitter or LinkedIn, I've struggled with this social media thing for a long time and I often wondered what does it take for a post to go viral or at least close to it as possible. Sometimes my posts do well, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I lose "likes", followers and connections...but I can never unravel the reasons why. My friends ask me: "Does it matter?" Likes don't indicate sales or even interest, which is so true. Why do we as business owners, authors and artists place so much emphasis on racking up likes and followers?

We can also translate this to real life. What I've learnt from my many human, face-to-face interactions with friends, acquaintances and even family, is that no matter what you do and say in life, people are going to continue thinking what they like. The true blue (genuine) ones will always love you and support you and will keep coming back. They will love you even when you mess up, offend them from time to time, put your foot in your mouth or disagree with something or someone they like. 

They will love you when you make the same mistakes over and over again, when you're sick, heartbroken or flat broke. They will love you when you're doing well and when you're depressed and downtrodden. These folks will tell you when you're doing crap and when you need to "buck up" and change your ways. But no matter what you do, they will always be there for you even if time or waters separate you. These are the ones you want in your circle.

Au contraire, the ones who really don't like you, will never really be genuinely in your corner. Sometimes you can never really tell, but even if they fake it for a while, their true feelings will surface eventually. We have to understand that we are not doing anything wrong and we don't deserve this treatment. 

We also must know that there's nothing we can do to change the way they feel about you. It may not even be you, it can be something you represent to them. Some things just are the way they are. You must accept it in order to relate and move along in life. No hard feelings. Stop trying to impress, just be you and move on.

This philosophy holds true not only for professional relationships, but also personal ones. 

Some things just are.

I need to also accept that one less "like" or follower is not the end of the world. You win some, you lose some. I love you all the same and hope our time was fruitful.

If you want to share your experiences, please feel free to comment below or use the contact form on your right. I wanna hear from you!

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment