Saturday, January 17, 2015

Change Your Perspective, Change Your Life

Perspective changes everything.

A new window was installed in my room yesterday and what a difference it makes. The old window was rarely opened as it was in a peculiar place. This new positioning made me value the importance of fresh air and light. It also brought a new energy to the room and how I felt being in it. It made me wonder how I survived without it for so long and how persons in solitary confinement feels. 

photo credit - C. K. Correia 2014 all rights reserved
Caroni Swamp, Trinidad
Today I also visited a friend who lives on the other end of the island. This is far for me, as I am sometimes fearful of driving long distances by myself especially at night. 

I've done it countless times, but I now realize it is a mental thing. Once you get behind the wheel, it is like second nature. It was refreshing to clear my head and reflect on the drive home all by my lonesome.

As my friend and I reminisced about old times and made toasts for our plans for 2015, I was reminded of what great people I have in my life. 

My friend (who was a stranger at the time) allowed me the opportunity for a promotion/transition 8 years ago, which catapulted my career in a new direction. It wasn't the career path I planned, but it turned out even better. 

As a result, I met great people who became friends, developed personally and professionally, overcame my fears of public speaking and so much more. Of course one of the many benefits was the ability to enjoy a lifestyle which paved the way for my future ambitions. 

These things all prepared me for the many moments and experiences that followed. It took me to the next level of my journey, although I didn't realize it at the time.

Although we don't see each other often, I know the bond is still there because when we are together we're like dynamite! They say laughter is the best medicine and if that's true we're both cured of all ills :)

Today I am grateful for everything seen and unseen, because I know there's a Higher power working in the background and aligning all things in my favour.

How many friends do you have like that and what are you grateful for today? 

Change you perspective, change your life.

Have a great weekend and Remember to Make it Count!

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment