Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I'm Gonna Love You Anyway!

Blogger how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
photo credit - Scarborough Botanical Gardens, Tobago
Carolyn Correia 2013 All rights reserved.

Blogger, wordpress and tumblr all do something great, but it's been 7 years and counting and no matter what anyone says...#Blogger .... Imma love you anyway! 

As they say: if it ain't broken, why fix it right? That's how I feel about you with google analytics at your finger tips, great user interface and all the features you need...why go elsewhere? 

To hell with SEO key words...I know I need to learn, but I love what I do...the most important thing to me is getting what I have to say off my chest. The "hits" will come with time.

One more day for Christmas ...the eve of Christmas Eve and I'm blogging about blogging....

Today my sister and I went out to do errands...mostly my errands and a bit of Christmas shopping. I took a drive by the Botanical Gardens last week and saw the beautiful lights just like Tobago. Thought she needed to see that. I guess I will take my mom and other sister soon. 

As that time nears, we're just doing ordinary things: painting, cooking, making sorrel and ginger beer and trying to keep my Dad's memory alive.  Still have to make ponche de creme and bake the traditional turkey and ham that we picked up tonight. We will not be putting up a tree or any lights this year however. I have to tell you though, it's getting harder. I don't even want to think about the future when the house gets emptier and I have to carry on with my normal life.

For now, I'm savouring the memories and making the most of the moments. Trying to keep busy and "do my do." I still love Christmas and I think it's gonna be okay. Life is made to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest. I know he wouldn't want it any other way. I always told him I wanted to go before him, but he wanted me to live and be happy. "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." I continue to pray for his eternal life and light.

I've completed my book, so now I have something to look forward to. On to the next! Already thinking of continuing my poetry and publishing an e-book in 2015. I wrote 10 poems in June. The rest will be dedicated to my father's memory.

What is the legacy you leave behind? I hope to leave behind my writing...in the hope it can help generations after me. 

Happy Holidays....See you tomorrow. I'm getting the hang of this blogging every day thing...this is the shortest blog yet ...completed in 15 minutes or less!

Peace & Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment