Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Do You Have a Positive Mind?

I was undecided whether I should write a blog post tonight for fear that with modernizations in technology my emails/alerts will seem TOO MANY and a disturbance to those persons with whom I am connected :( But I guess I won the debate in my head :)

Today I blog about the power of intent and prayers. Yesterday I was feeling VERY anxious and tense about a situation and this morning bright and early, I received a very important phone call that awoke me from my slumber (and depression!). 

It immediately lifted my spirits and indeed it was what I had been waiting for over the past three weeks. I felt like I was walking on air all day which was a drastic and complete 360 improvement from yesterday. Another reason to give God thanks and praise!

Though I would not discuss the details right here and now in this blog tonight, I just had to share my testimony with the multitude that may think God does not exist or that prayers or faith is a waste of time. Indeed this verse rings true: "For His anger endureth but a moment, and in His favour is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." [Psalms 5] 



Emotions and thoughts come in various shades, degrees and colours and one can only imagine what goes on in the minds of the 7.1 billion persons on this earth in 2014 during the 24 hours that comprise a day. Many of us prioritize "things" in our lives in various different neat compartments which sometimes displace and overshadow the ones that are of real importance. In order to stay afloat in a world that is constantly changing, one must have some belief system on which to rely in order to remain sane, positive and focussed. If not for this, it's so easy to be led astray by the negatives of this world. 

Your mind is very powerful and can harness great power depending on how you use it. A healthy mind is #1 and once you have completely mastered this, I strongly believe that it will attract health and abundance to your body and other things in your life. Trust me, I know of what I speak. Sometimes when I find myself slipping, I stop to regroup and channel my mind back into a positive place of strength, thanksgiving and peace...and even creativity as this is where I feel most at peace and buoyant. It's not always easy but it IS possible. 

I cannot impress my views on anyone or tell anybody how to live their life, but rather simply demonstrate how this has worked for me. If you have questions please ask by dropping me a line on the contact form on your right.

July is a special month for myself and many persons in my family. Today (now yesterday:) my parents celebrated their 51st Wedding Anniversary...At our toast earlier this evening on this year following their golden jubilee, I commended them for staying true to their commitment to each other "for better or worse." Many other thoughts on this, but it's admirable in this day and age and something to aspire to...


Peace to you...


No comments:

Post a Comment