- St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated yearly on 17th March by the Irish to mark the arrival of Christianity in Ireland;
- “Green” is the colour internationally associated with St. Patrick’s Day since it is an Irish holiday thus people like to wear Green on the day;
- Many Irish people will visit their churches on St. Patrick’s Day celebrating Christianity in Ireland.
- St. Patrick’s Day also lifts the restrictions on consuming alcohol and eating restrictions from lent. (Lent is another Christian tradition).
- In 1903, Saint Patrick’s Day became an official public holiday in Ireland.
- St. Patrick’s Day is probably the most widely celebrated saint’s day in the world.
Why wear Green??! I bet you didn't know!!