Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Where is your Christmas Spirit?!

Four more days for Christmas 2010…. and somehow the Christmas spirit is now kicking in…. despite the fact that I spent the entire day Saturday shopping for gifts. Is Christmas moving further and further away from Christ and becoming more materialistic I wonder? This mad rush that happens every year…somehow is not reflected in our respect for humanity…. simple things like how we treat fellow motorists and pedestrians on the roads among other things. How come I’m not really feeling it this year despite the decorations, ham and grog, Christmas music and fandangle? Our tree was actually up since late November and I usually feel that feeling in the air as early as September when one of my favourite radio stations starts to play carols and parang on the radio.

On another note, we had our Annual Christmas Gift Exchange and Birthday Club celebration today at the office. While hosting it, I realized I really like doing this and I should be doing it full time…as a business perhaps?! Apart from the joy on people’s faces and laughter emanating from the room, people comment (sometimes not to me) on how much they enjoy it and I like to recreate nostalgic moments. So I have individual prize giveaways and team games based on a particular theme from the 1980s and 1990s ….I am obsessed with the 80s actually…. love the music, television, movies and fashion.

Christmas is right around the corner and I have so much to do still. It seems like just last year I was studying for my final postgrad paper and barely had time to enjoy the season and now it’s all behind me. God is good and we must remember to give Him thanks. By next year round this time…we will be in totally different situations and circumstances, a year older and wiser hopefully progressed from our former state(s) and having accomplished much more. So whatever our desires whether it is a new home, new job, new baby or relationship we have to set our sights and release it into the universe for with perseverance and faith it WILL happen!! Even if it takes a little longer than expected, if we really desire it, I’m sure it will be well worth the wait and the sweat and sacrifice. ©

May all Your dreams come true this Christmas. All the best to you and yours for the season and beyond!~

photo credit - vocationvibes.franciscan.org

No comments:

Post a Comment